Located in the heart of the Abitibi region, in zone 13, on an exclusive territory of 205 km2/106 sq. miles, Lac Suzie Outfitters offers moose hunting with a high density of moose. The forest type and the well-managed logging makes the Suzie Outfitter a prime moose hunting area.
Our 10-year management plan has ensured that moose density continues to grow. Offering a quality hunting territory.
Only 4 females over 4 years are collected thus providing a good ratio of male to females. Lac Suzie outfitters will become for you a destination of choice.
It is not uncommon to see several moose in a week. Healthy mature males with racks of 45-50 inches of spread are often taken
Being an outfitter with exclusive rights, who can benefit from special rules. We begin moose hunting starting September 14th this year for a period of 5 weeks
So you can go moose hunting with a bow, crossbow, or a rifle during your stay no matter what date you book.
We offer European plans spread over 10 moose hunting territories of about 20 km2. Some territories have been the target of well managed timber cutting. Food is plentiful for moose and access is easier for you
Other sectors are tailor-made for more adventurous hunters. In more rustic cabins where you will find mature forests with forage on the lower elevations, and bedding and breeding sites in areas where the traditional canoe, quad and gps are required
We offer saline service and our team will be happy to install salt for you. Together we will choose the area of your territory. You can also come to make your own facilities and thus will explore your hunting territory during a stay.
You have bad luck! We will help you to recover a wounded moose. If the need arises we resort to blood tracking dogs. At the Lac Suzie outfitter, every effort is made to preserve game. It is important for us to make your hunting trip an unforgettable experience.
Do not wait, come live the experience of a moose hunt in Abitibi, at our home, at Lac Suzie Outfitter.
Items to bring for moose hunting
- Passport –you cannot get into Canada or back to US without one.
- Your weapon of choice – rifle, bow, or muzzleloader and needed ammo
- Bedding – sleeping bag or sheets/blanket/pillow
- Personal medications
- Appropriate hunting clothes – depending on the season the temperatures can vary from the 70’s down to the 20’s in the same day, so dress in layers so you can adjust
- Orange vest – it is the law here !
- Rain suit – if your gear is not waterproof! It has been known to rain in moose season…
- Boots – waterproof ! Moose like lakes, bogs, swamps, etc.
- Game bags – unless you plan on eating the moose here…
- GPS unit/compass – no explanation needed
- First Aid kit
- Alcohol – (BYOB) beer, wine, or spirits. We do not have it and the closest store is 20 miles or 45 minutes away, and the prices are high.
- Flashlight – yes, it does get dark here at night…
- Gun cleaning gear
- SPARE BATTERIES- everything needs batteries, flashlights, cameras, GPS units, etc.
We don’t sale gaz so bring 2×5 gallons for your vehicule